TechLoss Consulting & Restoration, Inc. was brought in following Hurricane Sandy to evaluate ATMs at multiple financial institution branches in order to determine the level of water contamination along with the reparability of the equipment. We coordinated to have the equipment removed from the involved facilities and sent to a refurbishment resource that verified they could refurbish all the ATMs for approximately 10% of the cost to replace them.
TechLoss Consulting & Restoration, Inc. was brought in following a frozen pipe loss on an upper floor of a multi-million dollar house that resulted in water contaminating much of the whole-house automation system and many of its connected devices for audio/video, lighting, temperature control, and surveillance. We performed multiple on-site inspections and equipment pickups to evaluate and remove the functional items from the residence in order to prevent contamination from the ensuing reconstruction of the water-damaged structure. Once the reconstruction was complete, we worked with the insured’s preferred home automation vendor to reinstall the equipment and return the involved systems to full functionality with new replacements for the damaged items, while reusing those items that were not affected by the loss. This hybrid approach resolved the claim for one fourth of the original proposal cost.
TechLoss Consulting & Restoration, Inc. was brought in to determine the cause of a loss involving controls for a large amusement/recreation facility. We reviewed the inspection and repair reports provided by the manufacturer of the equipment and the insured’s independent vendor and then performed our own on-site inspection. From this we determined multiple components had caused a fire or were damaged as the result of a fire, although the other parties had proposed faulty weatherproofing and lightning as potential causes of the loss. Based on our evaluation and our subsequent research, along with service records we were able to obtain, we determined the loss was the result of a manufacturer’s defect, which was supported by the fact that failures of the same nature had occurred multiple times prior to the loss. All equipment was replaced at no cost to the insured or the insurance company.
TechLoss Consulting & Restoration, Inc. was brought in following a water loss that contaminated nine rack-mount servers in a doctor’s office. We worked with the insured’s vendor and third-party rental companies to get rental equipment in place in order to decontaminate the insured’s equipment, which was performed in compliance with all HIPAA regulations. When the project was completed, the $120k being claimed had been reduced by half.
TechLoss Consulting & Restoration, Inc. was brought in following a theft of multiple pieces of semiconductor testing equipment. We worked with the insured to determine the specifications of the involved items based on their paper records and located used replacements on the secondary market to return the insured to full functionality. The equipment claim totaling $130k was resolved for $36k.
TechLoss Consulting & Restoration, Inc. was brought in following a pipe break that resulted in water contaminating the majority of the equipment in a dental office. We performed an on-site inspection of approximately 70 items and determined 20% required replacement while the other 80% could be cleaned and returned to full functionality. Based on this, and the replacement costs we provided for the items that were not restorable, the claim was able to be resolved for $32k instead of the $161k being claimed.